It's been a week since my last blog entry, tut tut tut!
My motivation is starting to run dry and I seem to be avoiding doing anything that involves too much concentration. I've been filling my time with lots of drinking and socialising, I feel like I'm running a marathon, it's exhausting but I can't stop because if I stop I'll have to go home and stare at the things I'm yet to achieve and the girlfriend-shaped hole in my life that has now been filled with a lot of resentment and anger.
I haven't achieved anything from my list this last week, but I have thrown a few people on my fire of friendship, into my pool of companionship, onboard my ship of mutual affection! Rekindled some old, started some new, and amped up the current.
Some things that have been on my mind this week...
• How dreadful it would be to be a middle aged parent, to no longer be your own person but to know as "Charlie's Mum" to all the other mums with whom you form specious friendships and go to evening classes with, like salsa or water-colours. Oh what it might be to be so terribly mediocre.
• Isn't it about time someone re-invented the scarecrow? Perhaps call it a "Bird-Scarer" or some other more generalised job description that might suggest it scares more than just crows.
• I came up with an idea to attach small fishing weights to your eyelids in order to strengthen the muscles that control them, and therefore reduce droopy eyelids. Is this plausible?
• I believe you can tell a lot about a relationship by how two people sit on a sofa together, I call it "Sofa Psychology". I'm considering devising a theatrical drama based on it's theories.
• Why is it that no matter how many times I fall off my chair I will continue to swing on it? I like to think that I'm living on the edge at the moment, the reality is that I'm not quite on the edge but someone near it, near enough that if I might trip and roll and then try to get up only to trip again and roll a bit more I might just be close to falling off the edge. I'm yet to cause myself a serious injury with my incessant swinging on chairs.
I'll be enjoying a day off work tomorrow, though I doubt I'll do anything too adventurous. Maybe I'll go sample the new village tea room.
Sunday I'll be getting creative with a camera, taking the beautiful Miss Murray into the wonderland that is my imagination to creative photographs that might raise an eyebrow or two. If you're lucky I may pop a couple of previews on my blog.
Contact me if I'm yet to socialise with you, I must not stop!

No comments:
Post a Comment