I can feel the change in me, from normal day dweller to creature of the night. It's getting harder and harder to pull myself out of bed in the "mornings".
On friday night I went to a gig just down the road and bumped into a familiar face called Mike Manera. Turns out Mike is doing a gig in Brixton on the same night as myself and that night Julia Chamberlain is going to watch him perform and meet with him after, at which point he says he will bring her down to my gig to catch me perform. Scary stuff. Julia Chamberlain is the big cheese of Jongleurs, one of, if not the biggest chain of comedy clubs in the UK.
Yesterday I pulled myself out of bed around midday and went for a stroll along the Thames down the Tate Modern, which was boring, I find it very hard to be moved by artwork these days. I came back to my box, lay in bed and watched Lost while binging on bakewell tarts. I had a nap until my lover returned and then we when out for a bite to eat, only to return and watch more TV. A fairly uneventful day.
Today should be far more interesting. Today I have to find out how to be truly amazing and then practice it.
I'm going to see Paul Foot's sitcom thing at 5pm after which we will meet and walk down to the Troy Club where I will perform 15 mins of amazing-ness that I practiced earlier. Tonight I'm going to let go of all that "safe" material and perform only material I believe in despite how obscure and surreal, and possibly not funny it is. I'm going to stick to my original idea of, it doesn't matter what you say as long as you say it with conviction!
It's a big night for me tonight. I've been lucky enough to be put among some big acts, so if ever there is a night to shine, it's tonight.
Best get practicing!

3 comments:
good luck tonight! can't wait to see u do your stuff! x
At least there is no pressure ;-) I'm sure you will be amazing, good luck!!!!
Peter and Jeanett
You seem to be taking to London like a local. Are you here for a month? I'd like to come see you perform again, and if you don't fly off so quickly I might even buy you a drink. :)
Well done last night.
ChloƩ
Post a Comment