Thursday, 5 February 2009

Reggae Bus

Interesting to see I have already aroused some new interest in my blog. Hello new readers.


I have decided to revert back to black text on white background, the reverse was giving me spots in my eyes, and what with this being a blog and all, I find it helps to make it readable.

It turns out Google believes my readers are interested in training dogs to get used to fireworks (see ad below), though the title suggests you could train your dog to use fireworks, which I feel is far more appealing. This also raises the question, who are these people with dogs, living around constant fireworks, so frequent that they would need to train their dog to adjust to it. Is it just a CD of firework noises? The website states "The sound on this CD is as real as it gets out of home speakers. It has different explosions, whistles, zips and crackles. It has loud sounds, soft sounds and periods of silence. There are distant sounds and close sounds and even human sounds adding to the authenticity!" ... and there was me thinking I had nothing better to do. This makes my sandwich knife seem genius.

I took the last bus home tonight, which is never an enjoyable experience as it's normally shared with weirdos, drunks and chavs. My journey started at the bus station where I was met by a couple of intoxicated youths playing music from a mobile phone, nothing too unfamiliar here, only that these youngsters were in fact dirty stoners playing reggae music, which was actually a light relief from Adidas and trance. As expected they were instructed to switch the music off on entering the bus and they complied, but to my surprise the bus driver then humoured them with his own love of reggae and then preceded to play this music on the bus speakers for the entire journey. The music and the boy's elation was bizarrely uplifting, not just for myself. As I looked about the bus, I noticed that all the other passengers were smiling and nodding, united somehow by this dreadful music which revolves a culture of dirty hair and drugs. Reggae Bus, perhaps a way forward?

Peace.

No comments: