Dear Blog fans I have let you down! Forgive me.
I had the worst cold in the world. My brother came to visit and then my mother and other brother came to visit, so as well as recovering I have been entertaining guests. Far too busy for this blogging lark see!
Gosh where do I start, so much has happened, I'll probably miss something out unintentionally.
I went to a delightful cinema called the Prince Charles Cinema and watched "The Good Night". That was a week ago now. £4 pound it cost me, excellent value for money, that movie is going on my favourite movie list. As it happens I went to that same cinema today and watched "Dan in Real Life" which was also an excellent movie. Both occasions I shed a tear or two, I don't know what is wrong with me, I'm rather emotional lately!
The Saturday after Craig and Simon arrived. We didn't really do much that weekend. The highlight was seeing Stephen Merchant perform stand-up and shaking his hand after, which was nice.
Mother arrived with Corey on Monday. It was Corey's first visit to London, his excitement and enthusiasm made typical London attractions all the more enjoyable. On the Tuesday night we went to see Lord of the Rings (the musical). We were lucky as our seats where upgraded to some better ones. I have to say it is the most visually spectacular stage show I have ever seen, it blew me away. I'd recommend coming to London just to see it.
Mother and CJ departed from my company on Wednesday afternoon. I became anxious and skittish, unwilling to acknowledging the fact that I was now alone for the rest of my "journey".
It had been a week since I had done a gig. I felt frustrated and yet increasing ill-motivated. I knew I could go out and beg for stage time and probably get a naff 5 mins on stage, and that would be better than nothing, but a good part of me just wanted to curl up in bed until the next couple of weeks were over and I could just go home. These feelings elevated into a full scale argument with myself. I managed to convince myself go out in search of this infamous comedy night appropriately titled "Pear Shaped". After an hour of being lost I found my self in the basement of The Fitzroy Tavern, seated among a miserable audience of about 10, with no promise of stepping foot on stage. The first half of the gig was sluggish and painful, a horrible atmosphere. After the interval, only 4 of the audience members returned. Remembering some wise words from a friend, I decided this was a challenge not to missed, so again I pleaded with the the host for stage time and he agreed I might have a couple of minutes at the end. I got three minutes, and some how didn't get through any material at all for sake of audience banter. I think I turned the night around, for myself mainly. Just when I was ready to hop on a plane home I remembered why I was there, and it felt good. I got asked for an encore in the form of someone shouting "more of the cereal guy!" (that will make sense to those familiar with my material, I started the the cereal bit but it turned into an open debate). I'm starting to get the hang of this audience banter thing, and its proving rather valuable.
Today I awoke to the usual sound of my neighbour who was particularly rampant this morning. I had a surprise visit from my father albeit brief. He over on business. I went to the pictures (see above), then I filled a box of gifts for my lover so she knows I still lov'er!
This evening I thought I'd try my luck and see if I could get into a sold out gig with some mystery act headlining. By some miracle, a nice lady offers me a spare ticket! The mystery act was Noel Fielding who went beyond the call of duty and did a good hour of stand-up. I was surprised to realise that despite fame, he didn't use his celebrity to get away with being rubbish, he's actually an incredible comedian. Got to say "Hi" and shake his hand after, which was nice.
Might get up early and see if I can get a ticket to see the Terracotta Warriors tomorrow, maybe see a picture at lunch time and catch play in the evening.
Blogging will continue as normal.

1 comment:
hi wayne about time there was some blog!! read coreys.....keep getting those gigs
mum
Post a Comment